Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training
and Yoga Alliance Certification
October 2018 - May 2019
Why should I choose this Training?
With so many options available out there to learn how to teach and share the yoga you love, it's a challenge to find the perfect fit. So why is The Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga such a great option? Here are some reasons...
- We teach the full Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga with emphasis on safe and effective hands-on adjustments to create a great experience for students. There aren't many Yoga Alliance Trainings that offer the powerful and profound Ashtanga Yoga practice in a teacher training. We have been doing so for many years and have created a strong pathway for our students to become amazing teachers.
- There will be plenty of "practice time" to allow you to hone your new-found teaching skills. We believe it's essential to prepare new teachers in feeling comfortable in front of a classroom once they leave our Training.
- Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga is a balanced Teacher Training with plenty of asana and non-asana material including meditation, yoga philosophy, a months-long in-depth look into the energetic body, anatomy and physiology, Ayurveda and much more.
- You will go through a powerful personal journey in our Training...your own practice, whether on the mat or the large portion of life "off the mat" will be your greatest guide to becoming an effective instructor...and Shari will lead you well through our months together.
- Our staff of highly qualified and engaging instructors will make sure you are grounded in all of the subjects covered, and come away with a complete understanding of the information.
- Our 2 Weekend per month schedule allows for time between sessions to integrate the material covered and at the same time bring the benefits of an intensive training experience.
- To aid in deepening your personal practice, all of your yoga classes outside of the Teacher Training are included in the total cost...a savings of over $800!
- You will complete your 200 Hours with all the tools you need to step into the real world and share all that you've learned with a feeling of confidence, competence and heart!
200 Hour Teacher Training Curriculum
* Understanding and safely teaching The Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga
(Yoga Chikitsa) including learning effective alignment and adjustments
* The Eight-fold Path of Ashtanga Yoga
* Pranayama, Meditation and Chanting
* Physical Anatomy and Physiology as it pertains to our practice and teaching
* Chakras and Energy Anatomy
* The business aspects of teaching yoga
* Introduction to the Yoga Sutras
* Ayurveda for your life and as it applies to teaching
* Prenatal Yoga and Children's Yoga
* Basic Bodywork Therapy
* Creating Private Yoga Sessions and teaching a Yoga Basics Course
* Hands-on Adjusting in regular scheduled classes at Sun Dog Yoga
* Teaching Community Classes to the public
* Deepening your personal practice
* Training satisfies all requirements for Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Certification.
At the end of the Training you will be able to apply for RYT200 status.
Monthly Weekend Schedule
2018 Weekend Dates
Nov. 2,3,4 and 16,17,18
Nov. 30, Dec. 1,2
2019 Weekend Dates
January 11-13 and 25-27
February 8-10 and 22-24
March 8-10 and 22-24
April 5-7 and 19-21
May 3-5 and 17-19
$2,560 if paid in full by September 15
after September 15 - $2,800
(Pay in full or use our installment plan)
*Tuition covers unlimited classes at Sun Dog Yoga throughout the entire Training!
There is a non-refundable deposit of $350 due to enroll in the training (this is included in the full tuition fee). You may pay the tuition in full or in seven installments of $350 beginning our first weekend in October, 2018 and ending in April, 2019 (payments due first weekend training of each month). Your tuition will cover all of your trainings and materials for these trainings, with the exception of the cost of a small number of books which will be required reading.
Meet Our Course Instructors
Lead Instructor...Shari Simon, E-RYT500
Shari’s yoga journey began thirty years ago with the practice of Iyengar yoga, which proved a peaceful haven in a period of years spent as a freelance art director in Chicago. Shari followed her heart into the field of bodywork therapy, and subsequently became a yoga instructor. She was first introduced to Ashtanga yoga by Manju Jois, eldest son of S.K. Pattabhi Jois, and a new yoga love was forged. Shari has studied extensively with David Swenson, Nancy Gilgoff, David Williams, to name a few…all senior roots of the Ashtanga family tree.
Shari opened Sun Dog Yoga Studio twelve years ago in Doylestown. Shari developed her first Yoga Teacher Course in 2000, training many of our local yoga instructors. Since then she has taught five groups at the 200 Hour Level of the Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga (Yoga Alliance Certification) and three groups of the 300 Hour Advanced Training since 2014. Shari has been a practicing bodywork therapist for twenty five years, and this path of understanding the body on many levels greatly informs her abilities as a yoga teacher. Shari is Registered with the Yoga Alliance at the highest level (E-RYT 500, YACEP) She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Notre Dame.
"The Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training changed my life. Although yoga has been ibn the periphery of my life for years, it wasn’t until I started the teacher training that I realized what a difference yoga could make in my life and others. I started seeing the benefits throughout my life both physically and mentally and I’m excited to take what I learned and help others discover yoga’s benefits. In addition, Shari’s ability to connect with people on a personal level while still maintaining organization and structure were the keys to making this teacher training a success for me.” - Erica L, RYT500
“When I began the 200 hour Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training, I went in with the intention of teaching yet lacked the confidence I needed to transcend my personal barrier from student to teacher. Not only did this training deepen and refined my personal practice & journey, but it brought forth my inner voice I never knew I had. Shari has a unique way of working with her trainees on a personal level to deliver the tools needed to become an effective and empathetic yoga instructor. The key to success in this training is the desire to dive further into your own journey as well and having ambition to make a positive change in someone’s life. It has far exceeded my expectations and now I am helping people on their path using Ashtanga Vinyasa for healing & growth!” - Rob T., RYT200
"Participating in this 200 hour yoga teacher training was one of the best decisions I made in my life! I learned so much about anatomy and correct alignment for my body and others. Shari teaches her students how to find their own flow in a practice that is very disciplined. This training was full of guest teachers, workshops, and a ton of opportunities to teach in the community. Shari has built such a strong community that I am proud to be a part of, thanks to this training." - Nicole F., RYT200
“When I decided to commit to the 200HR YogaTT at Sun Dog Yoga, I didn’t see myself teaching. My personal intent was to take what I learned to a specialized modality of yoga therapy. However, what I learned to love about Ashtanga Yoga is that I really enjoy the routine of the practice and the modifications of full expressions that it offers. This practice eventually became part of me and I now have it for life. As a senior member of the class, this supportive flexibility allowed me to create my own personal practice. As I gained knowledge and skill of the postures, I also discovered so much more. Our teacher, Shari, brought deeper meaning to this program through integrated workshops on pranayama breathing techniques, Ayurvedic principles, some anatomy and delving deeper into ourselves through the study of the chakras, the Eight Limbs of Yoga and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, which I personally found fascinating! Collectively, as my fellow trainees and I got to know our spiritual selves, we also got to know each other and I believe have created a connection for life. I continue to be grateful on a daily basis to have experienced this unique gift for myself. Thank you Shari for your unwavering encouragement and sincere commitment to your students!” - Diane P., RYT200
“Sun Dog Yoga has a fantastic teacher training program. Shari is an amazing teacher. I grew so much during the training, both as a teacher and as a student of yoga. It was a life changing experience. I highly recommend it!” - Jane O., RYT500